This recipe refers you to the Basic Tart Pastry. It adds wholemeal, sugar, and nuts to that basic recipe. The recipe below gives tangy, fresh citrus filling for such a tart shell. Be sure to rate this recipe after you have tried it!
Lemon and Orange Tart
- 1 basic tart shell recipe refer to RAD
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 3 tbsp hazelnuts ground
- ¾ cup wholemeal flour
For the filling:
- 4 tbsp lemon curd
- 1¼ cups fromage frais or whipped cream
- 4 oranges peeled and thinly sliced
- Use the basic tart shell recipe of RAD and add to that ¾ cup wholemeal flour, ¼ cup icing sugar and 3 tbsp hazelnut to make a tart shell.
- Whisk the lemon curd into the cream or fromage frais.
- Spread the filling over the tart shell.
- Arrange orange slices on top of the filling in overlapping, concentric circles.