This is a recipe for flatbread that can be enjoyed with soup or a delicious stew. Flatbread is really is easy to make.
Recipe for Flatbread
- 225 grams natural plain yogurt
- 142 grams flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Add the yogurt and mix with a spatula until the yogurt has absorbed the flour.
- Once the dough is formed into smooth balls, place it on a floured surface. Using a knife divide the dough into 6 balls.
- Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll each one out to an 8 x 8 circle.
- Try to roll the dough as thin as possible as this will ensure the bread cooks evenly on both sides with a nice air bubble in between.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- While the large frying pan is heating melt together the butter, minced garlic, and salt in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Using a pastry brush, brush one side of the rolled dough with the garlic butter before placing it (garlic side down) into the hot frying pan.
- Allow the bread to toast and bubble up cooking for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Once the bread is nice and toasty on each side remove from the heat sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley or herbs of your choice.
- When mixing the yogurt with the flour, use your hands to really bring the dough together.
- Store at room temperature for 3 days and reheat on the pan before use.
We hope you enjoyed this homemade flatbread recipe
Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories!