Turkish delight recipe. Turkish delight is a classic jelly favorite. For a very special gift, package these home-made treats nicely in a little box with a ribbon wrapped around. These firm jelly sweets are usually dusted with a mixture of icing sugar and cornflour but if you so wish, you may rather dip them in chocolate.
These delights were first made in a sweet shop in Istanbul, Turkey. People wrapped them in lace handkerchiefs and presented them as gifts. Make half with rose water and half lemon-flavored.
Turkish Delight Recipe
A classic jelly delightPin Recipe
- 3 tbsp gelatin soaked in
- 4 tbsp water
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 2 ml rosewater
- 1 ml pink food coloring
- ⅛ tsp citric acid
- extra cornflour and icing sugar equal amounts
- Mix sugar, salt, and cornflour in the citric acid.
- Add ¾ cup water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil for 7 minutes and add lemon juice and gelatin.
- Pour 200mm thick into a120mm x 200mm greased pan.
- Allow to stand for 23 hours and cut into squares.
- Roll in a 50:50 mix of cornflour and icing sugar.
- For pink sweets, replace lemon juice and citric acid with pink coloring and 2ml rosewater.
Calories: 1745kcalCarbohydrates: 430gProtein: 18gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 61mgFiber: 1gSugar: 400gVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We hope you enjoyed this Turkish delight recipe!
Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe.my family loved it.will be sharing this recipe with my friends.they will like it.