This Rice Pudding Recipe is so nice on cold evenings to enjoy with custard, cream, or even ice cream. It is also a great recipe to use your left-over rice. Remember, there are so few baked puddings without raising agents – this is one of them.
Rice Pudding Recipe
- ¾ cups white rice uncooked
- 2 cups milk divided
- ⅓ cups white sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten
- ⅔ cups raisins
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- In a saucepan boil the 1 ½ cups water, stir rice into boiling water.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, combine 1 ½ cups cooked rice, 1 ½ cups milk, sugar and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ½ cup milk, beaten eggs, and raisins, cook for 2 minutes more, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla essence.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious Rice pudding.
Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes here. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest