This Rice Pudding Recipe is so nice on cold evenings to enjoy with custard, cream, or even ice cream. It is also a great recipe to use your left-over rice. Remember, there are so few baked puddings without raising agents – this is one of them.
- ¾ cups white rice uncooked
- 2 cups milk divided
- ⅓ cups white sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten
- ⅔ cups raisins
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- In a saucepan boil the 1 ½ cups water, stir rice into boiling water.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, combine 1 ½ cups cooked rice, 1 ½ cups milk, sugar and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ½ cup milk, beaten eggs, and raisins, cook for 2 minutes more, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla essence.