This tasty pumpkin soup recipe is light enough to serve a small portion as a starter to a meal. It also looks very appealing, especially if served with a swirl of cream that you leave on the soup for each person to blend in when eaten. You may add a few dry pumpkin seeds as garnish. This easy recipe shows you how to make pumpkin soup to enjoy with the whole family.
Tasty pumpkin soup
Delicious, rich and creamy pumpkin soup recipe.Pin Recipe
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin
- 2 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 500 ml milk
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 50 ml double cream
- 1 ml ground cloves
- 2 ml sugar
- 2 ml salt
- Melt the butter or margarine in a heavy saucepan and sauté the onion until transparent but not brown.
- Add the cooked pumpkin, chicken stock, milk, lemon juice, ground cloves, sugar, and salt but not the cream and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Purée the soup by forcing it through a fine sieve or, if a coarser consistency is desired, stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the cream and heat well, but do not boil.
Calories: 140kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 5gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 305mgPotassium: 335mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 3608IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 110mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We hope you enjoyed this tasty soup recipe!