It is great fun to use this easy peanut butter cookie recipe. The dough is easy to work with and the biscuits are delicious with coffee or tea. School children also love it when they find these biscuits as a surprise in their lunch boxes. They can be kept in airtight containers for quite some time. We hope you enjoy these peanut butter cookies!
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg beaten
- 85 grams butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cream the butter or margarine and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Stir in the beaten egg, mixing well to blend, then stir in the peanut butter.
- Sift in the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Knead the mixture slightly to form a smooth, stiff dough, then roll small pieces of the dough into balls.
- Place the balls on a greased baking paper and press them flat with a fork.
- Bake in the oven at 180ºC (350ºF) until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers.
- Place the biscuits well apart on the baking paper to allow for expansion during baking.
We hope that you enjoy these delicious peanut butter cookies!