This easy peach mousse recipe makes a light, fresh and unusual dessert – very refreshing! The recipe offers four variances but let your creational juices flow and create your very own and wait for the compliments. You can also be very creative with the decoration.
Easy Peach Mousse
The perfect refreshing fruity dessert.Pin Recipe
- 6 ripe peaches skinned and stoned
- ½ packet lemon or apricot jelly
- 145 ml double cream
- whipped cream
- pieces of angelica
- halved glacé cherries
- Set 2 of the peaches aside.
- Press the remaining peaches through a fine sieve or liquidise in a blender to form a thick purée.
- Make up the jelly with 145 ml boiling water and chill in the refrigerator until thick, but not completely set.
- Whisk the jelly well with a hand whisk (rotary beater).
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until firm enough to hold its shape.
- Whisk into the jelly, then fold in the peach purée.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and leave to set.
- Just before serving, slice 2 whole peaches and arrange them on top of the mousse.
- Pipe a little whipped cream in the centre and decorate with angelica and glacé cherries
- Use 12 ripe apricots instead of the peaches.
- Use 36 large ripe strawberries and strawberry jelly instead of the peaches and apricot or lemon jelly.
- Use small pawpaw, skinned, seeded and stewed, instead of the peaches.
- Use 250 grams canned loganberries and Portwine jelly instead of the peaches and apricot or lemon jelly.
Calories: 213kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 3gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 14mgPotassium: 455mgFiber: 3gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 1266IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We hope you enjoyed this peach mousse recipe!