This mild chicken biryani is not too hot and suitable for children. This is a very easy biryani recipe and shows you how to make chicken biryani. It is delicious when served with a tzatziki sauce. If you want a low-fat biryani, simply leave out the fried potatoes. Without potatoes, this dish also freezes very well.
Mild Chicken Biryani
A chicken Biryani that is not too hot.Pin Recipe
- 4 pieces of chicken deboned and skinless
- 1 cup black lentils
- 1 cup rice
- 3 tsp salt
- 4 onions diced
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tin tomato paste
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp aniseed
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- ½ green pepper diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- 2 potatoes small
- ½ cup oil
- Fry the onions in the oil, adding curry powder and turmeric.
- Mix into that the green peppers, 1 tsp salt, ginger, aniseed, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Add tomato paste and yogurt.
- Marinate the chicken in the mix for 1½ hours. Add the cinnamon sticks.
- In the meantime, boil the lentils in 2½ cups water with 1 tsp salt.
- Boil the rice in 2½ cups water with 1 tsp salt.
- Fry diced potato cubes in oil.
- Boil chicken in the marinade until cooked - approximately 20-30 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Mix together the cooked rice, lentils, chicken and potato cubes.
Calories: 3633kcalCarbohydrates: 101gProtein: 272gFat: 232gSaturated Fat: 61gCholesterol: 1008mgSodium: 3059mgPotassium: 3782mgFiber: 19gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 3100IUVitamin C: 84mgCalcium: 352mgIron: 22mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We hope you enjoyed this chicken Biryani recipe!