This pecan brittle is so delicious and addictive, you should think twice before making them – what a temptation! You may also replace the pecans with unsalted peanuts.
Microwave Pecan Brittle
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1¼ cups pecan halves or peanuts
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Spray heat resistant spatula and microwave bowl with cooking spray.
- Place pan in the oven. You just need to heat the pan to enable spread of sugar mix.
- Mix sugar and corn syrup in glass bowl and microwave for 3½ minutes.
- Carefully remove from microwave and add pecans.
- Stir well and cook on high for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Microwave for another minute.
- Put hot oven pan on stovetop. Remove bowl from microwave.
- Add baking powder and stir into the mix.
- Pour foaming mixture out onto the hot pan and spread over the foil.
- Cool down, break brittle into pieces and pack into airtight container.