This fudge recipe is quite easy to follow. To test for the softball stage after having boiled for about 25 minutes, drop some of the mixture into cold water to see if a soft ball forms. Stirring as per the instruction is crucial and you should not allow crystals to remain on the sides of the pot. The fudge must be cold before cutting.
Classic sweet fudgePin Recipe
- 1 can condensed milk
- 400 grams white sugar
- 55 ml butter
- 45 ml water
- 30 ml golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Stir sugar and water in a pot over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Keep removing sugar crystals from the side of the pot.
- Add butter and syrup and stir until butter is melted.
- Add condensed milk and keep stirring until it reaches boiling point.
- Cook until it reaches the softball stage (approximately 30 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Allow to cool down to lukewarm and add vanilla.
- Beat the mixture until it gets thick and creamy.
- Pour into a greased pan. Let it run out - do not scrape.
- Allow to cool down and cut into squares.
Calories: 138kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 1gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 38mgPotassium: 61mgSugar: 27gVitamin A: 101IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We hope you enjoyed this easy fudge recipe!