This recipe for chocolate mousse brownie is rich and chocolaty and is a show stopper for a dessert. Perfect for parties and teatime snacks the balance of chocolaty brownies that melt in your mouth!
Best Chocolate Mousse Brownies
These chocolate mousse brownies are creamy and loaded with chocolate.Pin Recipe
- 3 tbsp butter softened (for pan greasing)
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cup butter melted
- 2 cup cocoa sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup flour sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups chocolate finely chopped
- 3 cups whipped cream chilled
- 8 grams gelatin
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
- Place baking paper in your 20 x 20 (13 x 9) pan so it covers the bottom and 2 sides.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow.
- Add the sugar and beat until well blended.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick, it should come out with only few crumbs.
- Remove from oven and place the pan on a cooling rack, do not remove brownie from the pan.
- Using a pot with water in bring to boil, place the chocolates in a heatproof bowl and melt over the pot of simmering water.
- When melted remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, place the gelatin, and water, allow the gelatin to bloom leave for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a sauce-pan bring 1 cup of cream to boil.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the cream, stir to fully blend the gelatin, remove from heat.
- Pour about half of the cream mixture into the chocolate and whisk quickly.
- Add the rest of the chocolate and whisk until well blended.
- The mixture will be smooth and shiny!
- In a medium-size bowl add the 2 cups of cream and whisk until soft peaks form.
- When the chocolate mixture has cooled to room temperature fold in the whipped cream using a spatula.
- Pour on top of the cooled brownie pan and level the top layer.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Before serving this amazing chocolate mousse brownie remove from the fridge lift the mousse brownies from the pan using the baking paper edges, sprinkle with cocoa.
- Run a knife through cold water and cut into square bars, enjoy!
Calories: 644kcalCarbohydrates: 76gProtein: 8gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 458mgPotassium: 336mgFiber: 6gSugar: 63gVitamin A: 1000IUCalcium: 57mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!