This recipe for chocolate mousse brownie is rich and chocolaty and is a show stopper for a dessert. Perfect for parties and teatime snacks the balance of chocolaty brownies that melt in your mouth!
Best Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- 3 tbsp butter softened (for pan greasing)
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cup butter melted
- 2 cup cocoa sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup flour sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups chocolate finely chopped
- 3 cups whipped cream chilled
- 8 grams gelatin
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
- Place baking paper in your 20 x 20 (13 x 9) pan so it covers the bottom and 2 sides.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow.
- Add the sugar and beat until well blended.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick, it should come out with only few crumbs.
- Remove from oven and place the pan on a cooling rack, do not remove brownie from the pan.
- Using a pot with water in bring to boil, place the chocolates in a heatproof bowl and melt over the pot of simmering water.
- When melted remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, place the gelatin, and water, allow the gelatin to bloom leave for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a sauce-pan bring 1 cup of cream to boil.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the cream, stir to fully blend the gelatin, remove from heat.
- Pour about half of the cream mixture into the chocolate and whisk quickly.
- Add the rest of the chocolate and whisk until well blended.
- The mixture will be smooth and shiny!
- In a medium-size bowl add the 2 cups of cream and whisk until soft peaks form.
- When the chocolate mixture has cooled to room temperature fold in the whipped cream using a spatula.
- Pour on top of the cooled brownie pan and level the top layer.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Before serving this amazing chocolate mousse brownie remove from the fridge lift the mousse brownies from the pan using the baking paper edges, sprinkle with cocoa.
- Run a knife through cold water and cut into square bars, enjoy!