This chicken stew is real comfort food – a lovely, satisfying meal enjoyed with rice on a cold winter night. You need only prepare a salad or a sweet veggie as a side dish, as the stew already contains some vegetables. You may also substitute for the veggies of your choice.
Chicken and Veggie Stew
- 8 chicken pieces diced or whole
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp sage
- ½ red pepper
- 1 cup potatoes diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup green beans or peas
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ cup cream
- Fry chicken in olive oil until brown.
- Add carrots and onions and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes, red pepper and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add beans and cream.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.