This recipe for Chicken à la King is very easy to follow and it does not take long to prepare this delicious meal. We will be showing you exactly how to make your very own Chicken à la King.
Chicken à la King
Delicious and easy Chicken à la KingPin Recipe
- 4 chicken joints cooked, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 120 grams mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 62,5 ml butter or margarine
- 12,5 ml flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 275 ml chicken stock
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml single cream
- 5 ml salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large frying pan and sauté the green pepper in it until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Remove the frying pan from the stove, blend in the flour and then gradually stir in first the chicken stock and then the milk.
- Return the frying pan to the stove and bring the mixture to boil, stirring continuously until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper and the pieces of chicken and heat through, about 10 minutes.
- Beat the cream and egg yolks lightly in a bowl, stir some of the hot sauce into it.
- Stir the mixture into the sauce and heat, but do not boil.
- Serve immediately with boiled rice.
Calories: 598kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 28gFat: 49gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 298mgSodium: 838mgPotassium: 577mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1189IUVitamin C: 25mgCalcium: 98mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!