This recipe for Chicken à la King is very easy to follow and it does not take long to prepare this delicious meal. We will be showing you exactly how to make your very own Chicken à la King.
Chicken à la King
Delicious and easy Chicken à la King
- 4 chicken joints cooked, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 120 grams mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 62,5 ml butter or margarine
- 12,5 ml flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 275 ml chicken stock
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml single cream
- 5 ml salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large frying pan and sauté the green pepper in it until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Remove the frying pan from the stove, blend in the flour and then gradually stir in first the chicken stock and then the milk.
- Return the frying pan to the stove and bring the mixture to boil, stirring continuously until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper and the pieces of chicken and heat through, about 10 minutes.
- Beat the cream and egg yolks lightly in a bowl, stir some of the hot sauce into it.
- Stir the mixture into the sauce and heat, but do not boil.
- Serve immediately with boiled rice.
Calories: 598kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 28gFat: 49gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 298mgSodium: 838mgPotassium: 577mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1189IUVitamin C: 25mgCalcium: 98mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Want to publish your own recipe to recipesallday? Submit your recipe here!! Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes by visiting our homepage. You can also check our authentic South African recipe website to try something new! Easyrecipes. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest