Here we show you how to make caramel sauce. There are few things better than this hot easy caramel sauce recipe to drizzle over ice-cream. It is also lovely to enjoy with rice pudding. It may be cooled down to serve with creme caramel or over jelly. Hot or cold, it is yummy!
Easy Caramel Sauce Recipe
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 100 ml cold water
- 65 ml boiling water
- 190 ml warm milk
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place the sugar, cold water, and butter or margarine in a frying pan and, heat over medium heat stirring continuously, until the syrup is a lighter, clear brown.
- Add the boiling water and stir until smooth, then stir in the milk.
- Mix the cornflour and salt to a smooth paste with a little cold milk and stir gradually into the sauce.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 3 minutes, then remove from the stove.
- Stir in the vanilla essence and serve hot over ice-cream.
Did you enjoy this caramel sauce recipe? Please rate the recipe above!