Here we show you how to make caramel sauce. There are few things better than this hot easy caramel sauce recipe to drizzle over ice-cream. It is also lovely to enjoy with rice pudding. It may be cooled down to serve with creme caramel or over jelly. Hot or cold, it is yummy!
Easy Caramel Sauce
The perfect topping on your favorite dessertPin Recipe
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 100 ml cold water
- 65 ml boiling water
- 190 ml warm milk
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place the sugar, cold water, and butter or margarine in a frying pan and, heat over medium heat stirring continuously, until the syrup is a lighter, clear brown.
- Add the boiling water and stir until smooth, then stir in the milk.
- Mix the cornflour and salt to a smooth paste with a little cold milk and stir gradually into the sauce.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 3 minutes, then remove from the stove.
- Stir in the vanilla essence and serve hot over ice-cream.
Calories: 6kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 3mgPotassium: 3mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 2IUCalcium: 2mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Did you enjoy this caramel sauce recipe? Please rate the recipe above!