A simple vanilla cake recipe – the basis for many delicious cakes. So versatile, there is no end to ideas! Top this cake with buttercream icing and sprinkle with colored sprinkles. Or melt white or brown chocolate over it and top with malt balls. Or cover it copiously in fresh whipped cream and top with beautiful seasonal fruit. Make it into a pineapple or grenadilla cream cake. Use it for cake pops for the children for a holiday treat. Follow our recipe for Cake Pops.
Simple vanilla cake recipe!Pin Recipe
- 250 g butter, soft at room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1¼ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 170°/350°F and grease two 9-inch pans.
- Mix the sugar and butter together. Add eggs one by one. Mix.
- Sift flour together with salt and baking powder.
- Work flour and milk into the mix alternatively, using a blender.
- Add vanilla.
- Divide into greased pans and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Cool down for 5 minutes before removing from pans. Cool down completely before icing.
Calories: 273kcalCarbohydrates: 54gProtein: 7gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 276mgPotassium: 98mgFiber: 1gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 121IUCalcium: 118mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!