A Decadent, strictly adult dessert. Serve sliced with a scoop of ice cream or drizzled with cream. Omit the brandy if you prefer. This is a very easy to follow recipe.
Brandy & Chili Chocolate Tart
A gorgeous chocolate tart.Pin Recipe
- 150 grams flour
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- 45 ml icing sugar
- 125 grams butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 ml chilled water
- 4 slabs dark chocolate chopped
- 30 ml brandy
- pinch deseeded finely chopped chilli
- 250 grams mascarpone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (390ºF).
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, icing sugar, and butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and water.
- Knead to form a dough, wrap in clingfilm and cool for an hour.
- Grease a loose-bottomed tart tin with little butter. Place the dough on a flour-dusted surface and roll into a large circle.
- Place the pastry over the tin and fold in the edges to line the dish.
- Blind bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Place chocolate and brandy into a heatproof bowl.
- Place over a saucepan of boiling water, heat to melt, remove from heat.
- Add chilli and mascarpone, whisk to combine, pour into pastry shell and refrigerate to set.
- Blind bake pastry lined with baking paper and filled with uncooked beans to shape the pastry.
Calories: 383kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 6gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 133mgPotassium: 120mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 893IUCalcium: 64mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!