A recipe for a delicious whole chicken to enjoy with the whole family. This recipe is very easy to follow and will show you how to make your whole chicken and have it ready for dinner!
Recipe for Whole Chicken
- 1.8 kg whole chicken
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 lemon halved
- 3-4 slices of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (370ºF).
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic cloves, dried sage, smoked paprika, salt, and ground pepper together.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan, rub lemon-garlic mixture all over the chicken be sure to put some under the skin as well.
- Stuff the chicken with 1 lemon that has been halved.
- Place 3-4 slices of lemon on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour 40 minutes.
Calories: 396kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 27gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 329mgPotassium: 309mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 361IUVitamin C: 19mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Want to publish your own recipe to recipesallday? Submit your recipe here!! Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes by visiting our homepage. You can also check our authentic South African recipe website to try something new! Easyrecipes. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest