A recipe for a delicious whole chicken to enjoy with the whole family. This recipe is very easy to follow and will show you how to make your whole chicken and have it ready for dinner!
Recipe for Whole Chicken
- 1.8 kg whole chicken
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 lemon halved
- 3-4 slices of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (370ºF).
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic cloves, dried sage, smoked paprika, salt, and ground pepper together.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan, rub lemon-garlic mixture all over the chicken be sure to put some under the skin as well.
- Stuff the chicken with 1 lemon that has been halved.
- Place 3-4 slices of lemon on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour 40 minutes.