Vegetarians do not feel deprived when it comes to burgers – here is a yummy recipe for a vegetarian burger. It is also easy to make.
Vegetarian Burger Recipe
Delicious vegetarian burgerPin Recipe
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 200 grams sweetcorn frozen
- 75 g flour and extra for dusting
- 15 g fresh coriander
- ¾ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaves
- tomato ripe
- 2 gherkins sliced
- tomato ketchup
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Defrost corn and put in food processor with the peas. Add flour, coriander and cayenne. Mix and blend to a rough paste.
- Pulse in the seeds. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dust a tray with flour, form 4 patties and put on tray.
- Put in freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Fry the patties in oil for about 10 minutes. Turn as needed.
- Keep patties warm while frying the onions until soft.
- Slice open and toast burger buns.
- Squirt some tomato ketchup on bottom half of bun. Place sliced gherkins.
- Place patty. Top with a slice of tomato, fried onions and lettuce.
Calories: 207kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 7gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 225mgPotassium: 257mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 544IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 107mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!