Easy roasted potatoes that you can serve with basically ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you can not go wrong with having these as a side dish to a lovely leg of lamb
- 1 kg Potatoes
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 tsp flour
- salt to serve
- Put a roasting tin in the oven and heat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Peel 1kg potatoes and cut each into 4 even-sized pieces if they are medium size, 2-3 if smaller (5cm per pieces).
- Add salt, then wait for the water to boil. As soon as the water reaches a full rolling boil, lower the heat, put your timer on and simmer the potatoes uncovered, reasonably vigorously, for 2 mins.
- Meanwhile, put olive oil into the hot roasting tin and heat it in the oven for a few mins, so it’s really hot.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with flour and give another shake or two so they are evenly and thinly coated.
- Carefully put the potatoes into the hot fat – they will sizzle as they go in – then turn and roll them around so they are coated all over.
- Spread them in a single layer making sure they have plenty of room.
- Roast the potatoes for 15 mins, then take them out of the oven and turn them over.
- Roast for another 15 mins and turn them over again.
- Put them back in the oven for another 10-20 mins, or however long it takes to get them really golden and crisp.
- The colouring will be uneven, which is what you want.
- Scatter with Maldon salt and serve straight away.