Quick, easy, and delicious trifle recipe. Treat your guests to a delightful, fruity, creamy trifle dessert. This recipe is very easy to follow. They won’t get enough of this delicious finish to a meal! It is so colorful that it is a must for a summer or spring festive table. Some people use sponge cake instead of finger biscuits – I believe the fingers improve the taste.
Colorful Trifle Recipe
- 2 packets ladyfingers or Boudoir biscuits
- 1 packet red jelly
- 1 packet green jelly
- 1 tin fruit cocktail large
- 1 tin grenadilla pulp small
- berries to decorate
- ½ liter pouring cream
- 1 liter Ultramel or homemade custard
- ½ cup chopped nuts walnuts
- 50 ml sherry
- Prepare jelly in 2 bowls - pour 100 ml boiled water in each.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add 25 ml sherry to each jelly.
- Divide grenadilla pulp into the two bowls. Keep some aside for garnishing.
- Dip garnishing berries in jelly.
- Drain canned fruit. Divide the fluid and add to the two jelly bowls.
- Take a large transparent bowl to prepare the dessert.
- Soak biscuits in the jelly mixes to get two contrasting colors.
- Pack neatly to cover the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Top with a thin layer of fruit.
- Sprinkle some nuts over.
- Cover with enough custard.
- Pour some cream over.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used.
- Put enough cream to be white on top.
- Decorate with the remainder of grenadilla, berries, and some whole nuts.
- Feel free to add grated chocolate as the last touch.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
We hope you enjoyed this trifle recipe!