This is a very easy recipe for the Tres Leches Cake, also known as the three milk cake. It is such a rich, moist cake that makes for a lovely dessert.
Tres Leches Cake
Recipe for a delicious Tres Leches CakePin Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup milk
- 340 grams evaporated milk
- 250 grams condensed milk
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup berries to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF), and butter a casserole pan.
- Setup three mixing bowls.
- In a large bowl, sift together 1 cup flour, 1 ½ tsp baking powder, and ¼ salt.
- Separate egg whites and yolks into the other two bowls.
- Beat the egg yolks with ¾ cup sugar with an electric mixer on high speed, until egg yolks are a pale yellow.
- Stir in ⅓ cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form.
- With the mixer on, pour in remaining ¼ cup sugar and beat on high speed until egg whites are stiff but not dry.
- Pour egg yolk mixture over the flour mixture and combine gently with a spatula.
- Gently fold in the egg white mixture with the spatula until combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and spread to even out the surface and bake at 180ºC (350ºF) for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the 3-Milk Syrup
- In a large measuring cup, combine ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream, evaporated milk, and condensed milk.
- When the cake is cool, pierce the surface all over with a fork, slowly drizzle the milk mixture over the cake.
Whipped Cream Frosting
- Pour 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream and 2 tablespoons sugar into a large chilled mixed bowl, beat on high speed for 2 minutes or until thick.
- Spread over the cake with a spatula then decorate with berries if desired.
Calories: 413kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 8gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 213mgPotassium: 250mgFiber: 1gSugar: 34gVitamin A: 920IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 218mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!