Toasted cheese sandwiches are so tasty to serve as savoury snacks or as a light meal with a salad. Here is a recipe.
Toasted Cheese Sandwich
Easy, quick, and delicious cheese sandwichPin Recipe
- 4 large slices white or brown bread
- 1 tbsp soft margarine for spreading
- 2 ¼cm thick bread slice size slices of cheddar or gouda cheese
- ½ tsp fresh parsley chopped
- 4 cocktail tomatoes sliced in half
- Use the margarine to spread on the 4 slices of bread, outside only.
- Place two slices bread buttered side down and top with cheese.
- Put a second slice on top with buttered side up.
- Place on a heated flat surface - an ordinary frying pan or sandwich toaster and grill until brown. Flip if you use a frying pan and press down on it so the two slices of bread stick together.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles and garnish with parsley and baby tomatoes.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 6kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 4mgPotassium: 74mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 168IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 4mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!