Sweet potatoes are versatile and may be eaten as fries with salt or they may be cooked or oven-baked without sugar. However, this caramelized version is heavenly – and, granted – probably loaded with calories, but oh, so worth the naughty if enjoyed only once in a while. Once cooked, the sweet potatoes are mashed but they may also be served as sweet, glazed chunks.
Mashed Sweet Potato
Sweet potatoes are versatile but this caramelized version is heavenly!Pin Recipe
- 500 grams sweet potato sliced
- 100 grams sugar white or brown
- 100 grams butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a pot on the stove.
- Add 50 ml water and boil for about 15 minutes.
- Add butter and sugar.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until sticky and caramelized.
Calories: 384kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 2gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 248mgPotassium: 421mgFiber: 4gSugar: 30gVitamin A: 18359IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 44mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
We hope you enjoyed this sweet potato recipe!
This helped me alot thank you