Sweet potatoes are versatile and may be eaten as fries with salt or they may be cooked or oven-baked without sugar. However, this caramelized version is heavenly – and, granted – probably loaded with calories, but oh, so worth the naughty if enjoyed only once in a while. Once cooked, the sweet potatoes are mashed but they may also be served as sweet, glazed chunks.
Mashed Sweet Potato
- 500 grams sweet potato sliced
- 100 grams sugar white or brown
- 100 grams butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a pot on the stove.
- Add 50 ml water and boil for about 15 minutes.
- Add butter and sugar.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until sticky and caramelized.
We hope you enjoyed this sweet potato recipe!