Sweet mince pies bring back happy memories from our childhood. And they are so easy to make, especially now that you can buy shortcrust pastry.
Sweet mince pies
The best sweet mince piePin Recipe
- 150 grams currants
- 150 grams raisins
- 75 grams mixed peel
- 45 ml brandy
- 125 grams dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 150 grams cold butter grated
- 1 large apple (Granny Smith) peeled and grated
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 orange zest and juice
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll out ready-made shortcrust pastry.
- Cut out discs to fit your muffin pan and an equal amount of slightly smaller discs.
- Spread the fruit mix onto the larger discs, already placed in the greased muffin pan.
- Lightly dab edges with egg yolk.
- Add lid and press down. Poke fork holes in the lid.
- Brush with egg.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, powder with castor sugar.
Calories: 240kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 1gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 132mgPotassium: 269mgFiber: 2gSugar: 25gVitamin A: 481IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!