This sweet and sour sauce recipe can be used in so many ways. From sweet and sour meatballs to a sweet and sour dip for your favorite snack. This recipe is very easy to follow.
Sweet and Sour Recipe
- 10 ml cornflour
- 85 gram canned pineapple finely chopped
- 60 gram onions finely chopped
- 25 ml vinegar
- 5 ml tomato purée
- 7 ml soy sauce
- 300 ml liquid cold water and juice of pineapple
- 25 ml oil
- 20 ml sugar
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, tomato purée, cornflour, soy sauce, and the liquid in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add the oil and continue boiling for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the pineapple and onion, blending well. Use immediately.