These tasty stuffed tomatoes may be served to guests who prefer not to eat meat, but who consume animal products. It is a very tasty and filling alternative to a salad and may also be served with the main course as a side vegetable dish. Slightly smaller tomatoes work well to add to a savory platter.
Tasty Stuffed Tomatoes
- 4 large tomatoes
- 60 grams cheddar cheese grated
- 2 hard-boiled eggs finely chopped
- 2 young carrots finely grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- a little mayonnaise
- shredded lettuce
- finely chopped parsley
- Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the pulp.
- Combine the pulp with the carrots, cheese, eggs, and half the salt and pepper.
- Stir in a little mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle the inside of the tomato cases with the remaining salt and pepper, then pile the pulp mixture into them.
- Line an oblong serving dish with lettuce and place the tomato cases on top.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
We hope you enjoyed this stuffed tomatoes recipe!