This recipe for a Strawberry Roulade is perfect for a summer dessert or to serve at a tea table. You may replace the strawberries for any berries of your choice.
Recipe for Strawberry Roulade
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup golden caster sugar
- ⅔ cup flour
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- ⅔ cup cream cheese
- strawberries to decorate
- caster sugar to sprinkle
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch Swiss roll tin and line with baking parchment.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Whisk egg whites to form soft peaks.
- Whisk in the sugar and orange juice.
- Fold in the flour.
- Spread the mixture over the baking pan and bake for 15 - 18 minutes.
- Spread out a sheet of baking parchment and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Turn the cake out onto this and remove the lining paper. Roll the cake loosely with paper inside. Allow to cool.
- Mix the chopped strawberries into the cream cheese.
- Unroll the cake, remove paper. Spread strawberry mix over.
- Roll up again and decorate with strawberries.