This strawberry jam recipe takes only about half an hour to cook. Make a large batch – you may double – or halve – the recipe. Use sterile bottles and keep in the refrigerator for months to enjoy on rolls, scones, cakes, swiss roll filling. You can also put a pretty polka-dot lid or piece of cloth over the lid and present it as a gift.
Strawberry jam recipe
- 500 grams strawberries
- 500 grams white sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Wash the strawberries thoroughly and cut off stems.
- Cut them in halves or smaller and pour sugar over.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Stir and put in a pot.
- Boil over low heat while stirring continuously until syrup is smooth.
- Add lemon juice.
- Boil and stir until the syrup gets thicker, forming large bubbles.
- Spoon into clean bottles sterilized with boiling water and put on the lid once the jam is cold. If you want it vacuum-sealed for long storage, put the lid on with the contents still hot.
We hope you enjoyed this strawberry jam recipe!