Delicious, light and spongy! You will love this recipe for sponge cake. Very easy and very quick to prepare. Your family and loved ones will love this yummy sponge cake.
The tastiest sponge cake ever!Pin Recipe
- 6 large eggs separated
- 100 grams flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 zest of lemon
- ¾ tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF) and place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Have ready an ungreased bundt pan.
- Cover the bowls with plastic wrap and bring the eggs to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift or whisk the sifted flour with the baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Gradually add the 65 grams of sugar and continue beating until the egg whites are shiny and form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold a little of the beaten egg whites into the batter to lighten it, and then add the rest of the whites.
- Bake in preheated oven for 28 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and immediately invert the pan (turn upside down) and suspend it by placing the inner tube on the top of a flat-topped glass or bowl.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before unmolding (about one hour). Run a flat metal spatula or sharp knife around the inside of the pan and then remove the center core of the pan.
- Run the spatula along with the bottom and center core of the pan. Invert the cake onto a greased wire rack.
- The cake can be served plain with a dusting of powdered sugar or with fresh fruit and softly whipped cream. This cake can be covered and stored for a few days, or it can be frozen.
Calories: 154kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 4gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 109mgPotassium: 84mgFiber: 1gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 143IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 23mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!