This spinach quiche recipe is a reliable one whenever you’re out of ideas for light meals. Perfect for a quick lunch served with a salad or even enjoyed cold when packed in the children’s lunch boxes to school. For a mushroom quiche, just replace the spinach with mushrooms fried in butter.
- 250 ml flour
- 125 ml butter
- 125 ml cheese grated
- 1 packet brown onion soup
- 250 ml cream
- 1 onion chopped
- 10 ml oil
- 500 grams spinach chopped
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 250 ml cheese grated
- 3 eggs beaten
- pinch of salt
- Using your fingers mix the butter and flour together, adding the cheese.
- Make sure that it is mixed well, then push it out into a quiche bowl.
- Using a medium bowl, mix the onion soup and cream together, let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Place the onions in the oil and then add the spinach afterward.
- Mix all the ingredients together, keep a little cheese aside.
- Pour the filling into the crust, spread the remaining of the cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 180ºC (350ºF).