An easy recipe to make your own salt-raising dough yeast. This recipe can be used to bake a lovely homemade bread, rolls, or fat cakes.
Salt-raising dough yeast
- 850 ml boiling water +
- 250 ml boiling water
- 5 ml sugar
- 10 ml salt
- 480 grams wholewheat flour
- Place 850 ml boiling water in a small bucket with a tight-fitting lid or a glass jar with a lid, then add the sugar and salt.
- Carefully sprinkle the flour on top of the water.
- Close the bucket or jar and leave in a warm place overnight.
- Stir 250 ml boiling water into the mixture and leave for 1 hour, or until foamy.
We hope you enjoyed this Salt-raising dough yeast Recipe!
Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes here. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest