A very easy to follow Sago pudding recipe for you to spoil the family with. Sago pudding is an all-time favorite that is always welcome. This delicious dessert is best enjoyed with custard.
Baked Sago pudding Recipe
The best Sago pudding recipe
- 200 ml sago
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 750 ml milk
- 125 ml sugar
- pinch of salt
- 25 ml butter
- 2 egg yolks beaten
- 50 ml apricot jam
- Rinse the sago off.
- Add the cinnamon stick and sago to the milk and heat slowly.
- Cook over low heat until the sago is translucent.
- Add the sugar, salt, and butter, mix well.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, add the beaten egg yolks.
- Spoon the mixture into a casserole dish and dash over the apricot jam
- Bake at 180ºC (350ºF) for 25 minutes, serve hot or cold.
Calories: 298kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 5gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 119mgPotassium: 178mgFiber: 2gSugar: 31gVitamin A: 410IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 155mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Want to publish your own recipe to recipesallday? Submit your recipe here!! Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes by visiting our homepage. You can also check our authentic South African recipe website to try something new! Easyrecipes. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest