Try our recipe for a sumptuous rump steak, served with chips and egg or whatever side dishes you prefer.
Rump Steak Recipe
Tasty Rump Steak RecipePin Recipe
- 4 200g rump steaks
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 60 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- parsley leaves chopped
- Brush the steaks lightly with oil. They should be room temperature.
- Heat a barbeque grill of char-grill plate to hot and add steaks.
- Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over low heat and add garlic to it.
- Turn only once. Add salt and pepper just before you remove them from heat.
- Test with tongs - rare steaks feel soft, medium feel springy and well done is firm.
- Dish up with the garlic butter over the steaks and top with parsley leaves.
Calories: 111kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 108mgPotassium: 13mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 375IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 7mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!