This roast turkey recipe takes up to three hours to prepare but it is worthwhile to have a lovely brown roast as the centerpiece of your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner table.
This roast turkey recipe is suitable as a centerpiece for Thanksgiving or Christmas.Pin Recipe
- 1 fresh turkey 10 to 12 pounds
- ¼ lb butter
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 lemon halved
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 head garlic halved
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350°F).
- Melt butter and add chopped thyme, lemon juice and zest.
- Wash and trim the turkey by removing excess fat and feathers.
- Salt and pepper the inside of the turkey.
- Stuff it with the bunch of thyme, lemon, onion and garlic.
- Brush the outside with the butter mix.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 2½ to 3 hours.
Calories: 81kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 69mgPotassium: 48mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 252IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 15mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!