A rice salad is always a fresh addition to your salad table – slightly more filling than the leafy greens – and very versatile because you can add and omit whatever you please.
Rice Salad Recipe
Fresh rice salad.Pin Recipe
- 1½ cups rice uncooked, long grain
- 1 tsp salt
- 3½ cups water
- ⅓ red onion diced
- 1 cup peas blanched
- ¼ red bell pepper diced
- ¼ green or red bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp dried parsley or mixed herbs
- Bring rice to boil in water with tsp salt added.
- Turn down heat and boil until cooked and dry. Cool down completely.
- Stir through onion, peas and diced peppers.
- Mix vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and herbs and stir the dressing through the salad.
Calories: 143kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 3gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 299mgPotassium: 92mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 255IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 18mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!