Use this Taco Shell Recipe to prepare the shells yourself. Fill them with a savory mince and cheese, add some guacamole, or prepare a Mexican black bean savory mix to fill your home-made taco shells for a wonderful meal!
Delicious Taco ShellsPin Recipe
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Mix all the ingredients together and hand beat.
- In a heavy pan over medium to medium-high heat, heat a few cm of oil.
- Pour ¼ cup into a hot greased pan and fry like pancakes.
- Use tongs to place one tortilla at a time into the oil, it should start to sizzle right away.
- Cook for 15 seconds, then flip over and fold the shell in half, holding in place with the tongs until crispy 15 seconds.
- Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with salt while hot. Use for tacos right away or they may become chewy.
Calories: 136kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 4gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 102mgPotassium: 65mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 43IUCalcium: 9mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!