Use this Taco Shell Recipe to prepare the shells yourself. Fill them with a savory mince and cheese, add some guacamole, or prepare a Mexican black bean savory mix to fill your home-made taco shells for a wonderful meal!
Taco Shell Recipe
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Mix all the ingredients together and hand beat.
- In a heavy pan over medium to medium-high heat, heat a few cm of oil.
- Pour ¼ cup into a hot greased pan and fry like pancakes.
- Use tongs to place one tortilla at a time into the oil, it should start to sizzle right away.
- Cook for 15 seconds, then flip over and fold the shell in half, holding in place with the tongs until crispy 15 seconds.
- Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with salt while hot. Use for tacos right away or they may become chewy.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious Taco shells.
Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes here. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest