This recipe for New York Cheesecake yields a rich, creamy, baked cheesecake, delicious to serve with tea. An all-time favorite. Your family will love this!
Recipe for New York Cheesecake
- 140 grams Digestive biscuits
- 85 grams butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
For the filling
- 900 grams fullfat cream cheese
- 250 grams castor sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 large eggs, plus one yolk
- 190 ml sour cream
For the sour cream topping
- 60 ml sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- Prepare a 23 cm springfoam cake tin by lining the tin base with a square piece of foil and clipping the side on.
- Mix the digestive biscuits with the melted butter and the tablespoon sugar.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Gradually add the 250 g castor sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Add vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice, lastly the flour.
- Add 3 eggs and yolk.
- Mix in ¾ of the sour cream. Keep the rest.
- Pour into the baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 160°C (320ºF).
- Let cool in the oven for 2 hours.
- Combine the rest of the sour cream with lemon juice and one tbsp castor sugar.
- Spread over cake.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Unlock the side of the pan and slide the cake out.
We hope you enjoyed this all-time favorite New York cheesecake!
Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes.
Have a look at our other recipes here.
Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms.