This recipe for New York Cheesecake yields a rich, creamy, baked cheesecake, delicious to serve with tea. An all-time favorite. Your family will love this!
New York Cheesecake
A delectable, rich baked cheesecakePin Recipe
- 140 grams Digestive biscuits
- 85 grams butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
For the filling
- 900 grams fullfat cream cheese
- 250 grams castor sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 large eggs, plus one yolk
- 190 ml sour cream
For the sour cream topping
- 60 ml sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- Prepare a 23 cm springfoam cake tin by lining the tin base with a square piece of foil and clipping the side on.
- Mix the digestive biscuits with the melted butter and the tablespoon sugar.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Gradually add the 250 g castor sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Add vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice, lastly the flour.
- Add 3 eggs and yolk.
- Mix in ¾ of the sour cream. Keep the rest.
- Pour into the baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 160°C (320ºF).
- Let cool in the oven for 2 hours.
- Combine the rest of the sour cream with lemon juice and one tbsp castor sugar.
- Spread over cake.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Unlock the side of the pan and slide the cake out.
Calories: 608kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 9gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 458mgPotassium: 199mgFiber: 1gSugar: 35gVitamin A: 1658IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 130mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!