This glazed raspberry tart truly tastes as good as it looks. Use this recipe to brighten up your summer tea table or serve it as a dessert. Serve chilled as is, or with a dollop of cream.
A delicious fruity tart for summer.Pin Recipe
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp cold butter diced
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- rind of ½ orange
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1¼ cups milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2½ cups raspberries
- 5 tbsp raspberry jelly
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Stir in orange rind and sugar.
- Rub in butter until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in one egg yolk with a fork and just enough cream to bind the dough.
- Make a ball, cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Beat the four egg yolks and sugar and gradually stir in the flour.
- Use a pan to bring the milk and salt to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Whisk into the egg yolk mixture and return to the pan.
- Whisk over medium heat until it starts to bubble and thicken.
- Stir in vanilla and cover.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface to ⅛ inch thick.
- Line a 25 cm tart pan and trim the edges.
- Prick the pie shell with a fork all over and cover with parchment.
- Fill with baking beans and bake for 15 minutes in an oven at 200°C(400°F).
- Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 6 - 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool down. Spread the filling over the pastry case.
- Top with raspberries.
- Melt jelly in orange juice and brush on to glaze raspberries.
Calories: 254kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 5gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 184mgPotassium: 119mgFiber: 3gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 556IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 76mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!