This Queen of Puddings with jam and topped with meringue is a delight to enjoy hot served with cold custard, especially on cold winters nights. This is a very easy to follow recipe.
Queen of Puddings
Delicious queen of puddingsPin Recipe
- 75 grams fresh breadcrumbs
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 5 ml grated rind of 1 lemon
- 600 ml milk
- 4 eggs
- 45 ml raspberry jam warmed
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
- Using a bowl stir in the breadcrumbs, half of the sugar and the lemon rind together.
- Bring the milk to boil in a pan, then stir into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Separate three of the eggs and beat the yolks with the whole egg.
- Stir into the breadcrumb mixture pour into a buttered baking dish and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Then bake the pudding for 50 to 60 minutes until set.
- Whisk the three egg whites in a large bowl until stiff but not dry.
- Gradually whisk in the remaining sugar until the mixture is thick and glossy try not to over whisk.
- Spread the jam over the pudding then spoon over the meringue to cover the top completely.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the meringue, bake for a further 15 minutes until the meringue is beginning to turn a light golden colour.
Calories: 309kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 13gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 268mgPotassium: 295mgFiber: 1gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 481IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 228mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!