This Queen of Puddings with jam and topped with meringue is a delight to enjoy hot served with cold custard, especially on cold winters nights. This is a very easy to follow recipe.
Queen of Puddings Recipe
- 75 grams fresh breadcrumbs
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 5 ml grated rind of 1 lemon
- 600 ml milk
- 4 eggs
- 45 ml raspberry jam warmed
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
- Using a bowl stir in the breadcrumbs, half of the sugar and the lemon rind together.
- Bring the milk to boil in a pan, then stir into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Separate three of the eggs and beat the yolks with the whole egg.
- Stir into the breadcrumb mixture pour into a buttered baking dish and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Then bake the pudding for 50 to 60 minutes until set.
- Whisk the three egg whites in a large bowl until stiff but not dry.
- Gradually whisk in the remaining sugar until the mixture is thick and glossy try not to over whisk.
- Spread the jam over the pudding then spoon over the meringue to cover the top completely.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the meringue, bake for a further 15 minutes until the meringue is beginning to turn a light golden colour.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious chocolate mousse recipe!
Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes here. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest