You will love this creamy potato bake recipe. It works well as part of the main meal’s carbohydrate portion and goes nicely with barbeques. It tends to taste even nicer when you warm up the leftovers the next day. This dish is so rich and filling that it is a good main course for vegetarians.
It is important to parboil the potatoes and to allow enough baking time for the cream and spices to permeate the dish.
Creamy Potato Bake
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 tsp butter for greasing
- 1 packet Potato Bake mix
- 250 ml cream
- 250 ml milk
- ½ tsp salt or potato seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- Parboil potatoes on the stove until almost soft or microwave for 8 minutes.
- Let them cool.
- Grease oven pan.
- Slice potatoes into the pan.
- Season with salt or potato seasoning.
- Whisk together cream, milk and Potato Bake mix.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Bake at 180°C (350ºF) for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese.
- Bake for a further 15 minutes.
We hope you enjoyed this potato bake recipe!