This recipe shows you how to make a dish combining potatoes with boerewors (or beef sausage). It is like a stew. Enjoy on a slice of bread for breakfast or on a bed of rice for dinner.
Potato and Sausage Dish
A delicious stew using potatoes and boereworsPin Recipe
- 500 grams boerewors or beef sausage
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 2 tbsp fruit chutney
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Use the oil to fry the onions until brown.
- Cut up the boerewors into 2-inch pieces, add and fry.
- Add potato chunks. Add 200ml boiling water, salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and other ingredients.
- Allow to simmer for about 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
Calories: 545kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 22gFat: 37gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1064mgPotassium: 991mgFiber: 4gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 622IUVitamin C: 34mgCalcium: 41mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!