A South African favorite dessert recipe, If you don’t know how to make popcorn balls, then you’re in for a treat. These are a super fun family cooking project!
Make these festive looking party popcorn balls in a jiffy!Pin Recipe
- 20 cups popped corn unpopped kernels removed
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup marshmallows mini, fresh
- 2½ cups icing sugar
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add corn syrup, water, sugar and marshmallows.
- Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add salt and vanilla.
- Pour mix over popcorn and stir to ensure they're all covered.
- Butter your hands and, bearing in mind that the mix is hot, form balls before it cools down completely.
- You can add jelly sweets, smarties or M&M's to make it colorful for kids.
Calories: 170kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 2gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 61mgPotassium: 38mgFiber: 2gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 92IUCalcium: 3mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!