This mouth-watering salad is a special one for the books, the combination just works so well together and the dish just appeals to the eyes.
Pears with cream cheese
- 4 firm, ripe eating pears peeled, halved and cored
- 120 grams cream cheese
- 25 ml medium cream sherry
- 25 ml lemon juice
- 125 ml walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 ml salt
- 1 ml pepper
- Blend the cream cheese, sherry, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth and thick.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Place 2 pear halves on a bed of lettuce on each of 4 plates, pour over the cream cheese sauce and serve at once.
- Garnish with watercress.
We hope you enjoyed this pear with cream cheese recipe!