This Pea Pesto Pappardelle recipe is an all-vegetarian pasta recipe – refreshingly delicious and rich! You may use the pasta shapes of your choice. Serve with French loaf or ciabatta bread on the side.
Pea Pesto Pappardelle
- 340 grams pappardelle pasta
- 1 ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup ricotta
- chives chopped or serving
- Cook the pappardelle pasta, roughly 15 to 20 minutes.
- Set aside ½ cup of the cooking water, drain and return pasta to the pot.
- While the pappardelle pasta is cooking.
- Pulse 1 cup of peas in the food processor to roughly chop them up.
- Add the ricotta and lemon zest and pulse a few times to combine, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ricotta mixture and add the remaining ½ cup peas, pasta water mix well.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives if you wish.