Orange-Glazed DuckPin Recipe
- 60 ml frozen orange juice concentrate
- 80 ml water or fruit juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2.5 kg duck
- Combine all ingredient, except duck, in a 2 cup (1 pint) glass measure.
- Microwave, uncovered at full for 4 minutes, or until mixture is hot. Stirring twice, and set aside.
- Pull large lumps of the fat from front cavity of the duck and pierce the skin thoroughly with a fork.
- Place the duck breast-side-down on a microwave-safe roasting rack.
- Microwave, uncovered at medium for 40 minutes.
- Drain off the fat.
- Turn the duck breast side up and brush with orange glaze.
- Microwave, uncovered at medium for 45 minutes, or until duck is no longer pink near the bones.
- Brush every 10 minutes with orange glaze.
- Let it stand covered for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 2575kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 72gFat: 246gSaturated Fat: 83gPolyunsaturated Fat: 32gMonounsaturated Fat: 117gCholesterol: 475mgSodium: 637mgPotassium: 1450mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 1119IUVitamin C: 44mgCalcium: 81mgIron: 15mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!