This is a recipe for the easiest, most delicious, Indian Naan bread. The yogurt, olive oil, and garlic make it so super yummy! Enjoy with curries, stews or soup, even with lasagne.
Recipe for Naan Bread
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½-3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp garlic minced (optional)
- In a large bowl mix the warm water, yeast, and sugar.
- Let sit for five minutes or till bubbly.
- Add the olive oil, yoghurt, egg, salt and 2 cups of flour. Stir till smooth.
- Add enough flour to make a soft dough, knead a few times on a floured counter until smooth.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Preheat a saucepan to medium heat.
- Cut the dough into eight pieces, on a floured surface, roll out each piece into a 15 cm (6'') circle.
- Adding a little oil or non-stick spray to the saucepan.
- Cook each circle for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush the top (the bubbly side) of each naan with melted butter.
- I added garlic to my butter, but that is optional.
- Naan bread you can store in a ziploc bag at room temperature for 5 to 7 days.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious Naan bread.
Feeling guilty after this delicious dish? Visit our fitness website and burn those calories! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to ensure you do not miss out on any of our recipes. Have a look at our other recipes here. Be sure to follow us on all social media platforms. Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest