There are few things as satisfying as this creamy mushroom soup recipe. This lovely creamy soup may be served with bread and butter as a light meal or with croutons as a starter dish to any meal. When served as a meal on its own, double the recipe for larger portions. Especially enjoyable on a cold winter night.
Cream of mushroom soup is used as a base in casseroles and pasta sauces. It is like a mushroom-flavored gravy and when thickened with a bit more flour, it can be used over pies.
Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 250 grams fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml milk
- 1 lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 125 ml cream
- 1 tbsp fine parsley fresh
- Wipe mushrooms and chop finely.
- Melt butter and stir in flour.
- Add stock gradually while stirring.
- Boil and stir continually.
- Add mushrooms, milk, and juice.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Liquidize the soup.
- Flavor with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cream.
- Add parsley right before serving.
We hope you enjoyed this mushroom soup recipe!