Creamy and delicious mushroom bolognese. This makes for the perfect dinner dish. Not only good, but also good for you! Be sure to rate this delicious dish after trying it.
Creamy Mushroom BolognesePin Recipe
- 40 grams dried porcini mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 600 grams chestnut mushrooms finely diced
- 3 onions chopped
- 5 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 carrots grated
- 3 celery stalks finely diced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 2 tsp rosemary leaves chopped
- 1 ½ tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp aniseed
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes 2 x 400grams
- 1 tbsp basil
- 500 grams tagliatelle
- Using a medium-size bowl, add the porcini mushrooms in the bowl with 200ml boiling water, leave to soak.
- In a large non-stick pan heat 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the chestnut mushrooms and a pinch of salt and fry, stirring regularly until they start to soften and give out the liquid.
- Keep frying until all the moisture has evaporated and the mushrooms have colored to a dark golden brown. Don't skimp on this bit as this will ensure you get the maximum flavor in the finished sauce.
- Scoop out the mushrooms then add the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery to the same pan with another 1 ½ tablespoon of olive oil and stir well.
- Put on the lid and cook for 10 minutes, stirring now and again or until veggies have softened.
- Add the herbs, celery salt, aniseed, and tomato purée.
- Drain the porcini mushrooms, keeping the liquid.
- Chop the porcini well and add to the sauce along with the strained liquid.
- Put the cooked chestnut mushrooms back in.
- Stirring for a minute then tip in the chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Cook the tagliatelle pasta for 20 minutes, then drain and toss with the sauce before serving.
- Cook for 30 minutes until the sauce is rich and thick and stir through the basil just before serving.
Calories: 468kcalCarbohydrates: 79gProtein: 16gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 634mgPotassium: 977mgFiber: 6gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 5277IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 84mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!