Follow this recipe for a very satisfying light meal or cut the filled wraps in 3 to arrange on a platter. If you want to serve them cold on a platter, do not heat the wraps and wait for the filling to cool down before filling them.
Mince Wrap Recipe
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 tsp garlic grated
- tsp spice for mince
- salt and pepper to taste
- 80 g tomato paste
- 2 small onions finely chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- salad leaves
- 100 grams cheddar cheese grated
- 2 fresh avocados mashed
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- ⅛ tsp chilli powder
- 4 ready made bought wraps
- Fry half the onions in the oil until soft. Keep rest for filling.
- Add mince, garlic and dry spices. Keep frying while stirring.
- Add tomato paste and fry until done (10 to 15 minutes in total).
- Heat wraps for 30 seconds on each side in a dry pan.
- Mash avocado and add salt and pepper, chilli powder and vinegar.
- Spread over wrap, leaving an edge of 1cm clear.
- Line wrap with salad leaves, sprinkle some grated cheese lightly, followed by raw chopped onion.
- Add mince thinly, mostly concentrated in the middle.
- Fold wrap and serve.