Why use ordinary pastry for your Christmas fruit mince pies. If you can use this recipe to make the tastiest orange cinnamon pastry for your mince pies?
Mince Pies with Orange Cinnamon Pastry
This tasty pastry will make your mince pies so much yummier!Pin Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup icing sugar
- 150 grams butter
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- rind of one orange grated
- 4 tbsp chilled water
- 1⅔ cup mincemeat
- 1 egg beaten
- icing sugar for dusting
- Sift together flour, icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Rub in butter until it looks like breadcrumbs. Mix in the orange rind.
- Mix to a firm dough with the water.
- Roll out to ¼ inch thick.
- Using a 2½-inch round cutter, cut out 18 circles. Then use a 2-inch cutter to cut out another 18 circles. Re-roll dough as necessary.
- Line two greased muffin pans or a flat pan with the larger circles.
- Spoon a small spoonful mince onto each circle. Cover with a smaller dough circle. Press edges together to seal.
- Glaze top layer with egg and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in an oven at 200°C (400°F).
- Cool down and dust with icing sugar.
Calories: 186kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 2gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 177mgPotassium: 17mgFiber: 1gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 223IUCalcium: 8mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!